Friday, August 17, 2012

Lake Lure, NC Olympiad Aug.24-26, 2012

If you are like me you need a goal to shoot for and signing up for a run, ride or tri always kicks things up a notch.  I recently signed up for the Sprint Triathlon at Lake Lure, NC and hope to squeeze in the 10k run and bike ride to the top of Chimney Rock if I can still make it to my son's soccer tournament.  Check out their site for more details at www.hickorynutolympiad.com  I have never participated but it looks like a great event.

If you are not near Western NC - find an event near you, sign up and set a goal.  Finish, Break PR, Win age group, or any other goal as long as you set one.  If you have not been training you will need to pick an event at least 16 weeks or so out and start working your way toward your goal. 

Good Luck & Thanks for reading - JG

No comments:

Post a Comment