Friday, October 19, 2012

Rest Days | whether you want them or not

Since my last post I competed in the Lake Murray Dam Tri and began training for the Governor's Cup Half Marathon.  Work has been super crazy this past month and to top it off I have been battling a virus or possibly strep throat (my youngest tested positive for strep a few weeks ago and I always like to catch what the boys bring home).  It is amazing how quickly you can go from being in peak condition to feeling like you cannot get out of bed.  I still have a slight cough, but am finally beginning to get back to my training and yours!

I have not taken so many rest days in a while and actually believe they may have been good for me.  I am a cardio junkie so rest days usually consist of an "easy" workout instead of a normal or hard one.  So if there is one lesson to take away from this post, it is take your rest days.  Rest will help you perform better and stay healthy for your training days.  Another lesson if you are up for two...If you have had too many rest days due to sickness or a busy schedule, get back out there.  I realize it is hard, even for a cardio junkie, but once you get back on routine it comes back quick.

Now that I am back on the mend - please tune in for more posts.
Stay well & on course.

Coach Gibby

No comments:

Post a Comment