Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Les Mills RPM Update...


“A great reminder about setting goals, challenging yourself & keeping your chin up.” - continued...


As many of you may already know from my earlier blog post I spent a weekend back in September to become certified as a Les Mills RPM spin instructor.  As I got further into this I realized it was not just a  long tough weekend it was much more than that.  Les Mills programs are successful because of their process and their quality control.  It's been a challenge to balance this with family and work.  I had to file for an extension on my final video submission which was due November 16th and took a short break from learning release 56 so  I could examine my purpose and goals.  I had until December 21st to submit my video with my extension request or I would have to re-enroll in a new class and start from scratch.

I filmed yesterday and finally submitted my video and have now co-taught 4 classes and 4 classes on my own :-).  I made several mistakes on the video, but hope it was good enough to move to the next level.  It is becoming more natural and I love motivating people to push hard and experience the magic of an RPM class.  Below are a few action shots of me teaching at the Gold's Gym in Forest Acres.  I will keep you posted once I am on the regular schedule and not just a "substitute" so you can come experience it for yourself and help me fill the class.  Come get in shape and reach your goals!



I would also like to mention what a great group of people I met during this process.  All of them with similar goals and passion for fitness.  I am very blessed to be a part of this group.

**A special thanks to David, Brenda, Dan, Margaret, Courtney and Todd for all of your support.  I look forward to the ride :-).

May God Bless you


No comments:

Post a Comment